Thursday, August 13, 2009

A few of my Favorite things!




D is for Dresses!
I am moving along in my ABC's of my favorite things. I really do love dresses. When all the other girls talked about hating wearing dresses to church I just smiled inside! Maybe it is because of my love for old things, and from all of those Musicals I watched and still adore today. I love Audrey Hepburn, Shirley Jones and Julie Andrews. They are the ideal women in my book. And they all wore beautifully adorable dresses! What a joy a fun dress can be! How lovely to be a woman!

2 comments:

annebowman said...

carolyn, where is this dress from? I adore it! I would totally wear it if I had one. I have one dress I bought in a thrift store several years ago. It was made in the fifties with a similar shape but is black with some sparkly stuff on it. I will have to put it on and have my hubby take a photo so you can see it (or I might just wear it to work!)

monica said...

i used to hate dresses and never would wear them...about a year ago i started and i cant stop!