Wednesday, December 2, 2009

On the First day of Christmas...







..my family gave to me...

A night in Seattle watching a Christmas Carol and looking at Gingerbread homes! This is a WONDERFUL family tradition that I treasure! We go and usher at the ACT theater and then get to see the play for free, quite a deal. The play is always amazing every single year! Then we took a jaunt down to the Sheraton Hotel where they have an annual Gingerbread House Contest. This years theme was Classic Movies. My top 3 favorite were: Muppet Christmas Carol, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Charlie Brown Christmas. What a wonderful way to start December. I even got to wear my Grandma Cahoon's old fancy shoes for the classic evening! I just love the olden times and this night was a celebration of them from the classic story of Scrooge to the Christmas cheer of Gingerbread homes decorated and glistening...so wonderful!!

2 comments:

Lara said...

Okay, so I almost just cried while reading this post because in the background I am listening to Josh Groban sing, "I'll be home for Christmas if only in my dreams" (I blame the crying on pregnancy hormones). I haven't been home for Christmas in way too long and so miss doing these fun traditions with you! I'm sure I would have love The Muppet Christmas Carol, that is my very favorite Christmas movie!

Carolyn Cahoon said...

Larsibear, we missed you to!! We love you and Jayson so much! Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS season, and start some fun traditions with that cute family of yours.